Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 09:34:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hatch Canopy

Started by Mojo, September 07, 2011, 05:33:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I just got this new video from Sailrite today and thought I would pass it on.

It shows how to make a hatch canopy.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV94huaNlJE&feature=player_embedded

Chris

Mike8560

Thanks mojo. Now the question what it worth to make it and what is it worth a sail later to have it made. 
Let's say it's the only thing your doing you go out tot he boat driving times vary come back to the shop make it and go back to install.  The vid was 30 min so I'd gueese it take. Hafl a day four hour to go measure  and hour to make it ant the shop then go install I'd end up killin hafl a day. And a yard o canvS and extra stuff  a d shipppinf zY $50. So I'd say $ 300 to $350
if I was working in the boat aready and it was just an extra maybe $200
what would you all say ?

DBR1957

This is one of those product where someone was just sitting around and
figured out what to do with all the scrap material left over.

I use those spring buttons in the adjustable pole. By the time you drill the holes
and clean the burrs inside and out you've blown 1/2 hour.

It is a simple idea that can work but their claim of keeping the rain out!? It better
be a soft drizzle with no wind. Also that thing will wear out pretty quickly flopping
back and forth and rubbing on the hatch frame.

Wind scoops for hatches are nothing new.

fragged8

you guys are missing a trick, why make it at all.

sell the parts and an instruction leaflet like sailrite do,
they're not wasting time making the things.

Rich

Mike8560

Your right Rich. I wish I could just take somthig off thebshelf pack it up and ship it of a d that's it   Pay me