Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 30, 2024, 11:16:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Any Way to Repair Needle Holes in Vinyl?

Started by jojo, September 06, 2011, 08:27:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Hey everybody! I am doing Bayliner seats; sewed over a busy intersection of piping and numerous layers of vinyl around a curve and caught some of the seat fabric in the seam that I didn't mean to. Ripped the seam and re-sewed, and now there are a few visible needle holes in the vinyl.
I REALLY don't want to replace the whole section. Is there any way to fill in those holes? They aren't too bad; maybe they're only glaringly obvious to me, but it still bugs.
Thanks,
Jo

jeepdoc

I did the same thing on the set I just did on that bayliner. I took the tip of my very small pencil  soilder iron and held it away an inch or 2 then started moving toward the small  holes and watched till they just started to close up. move soilder iron very slowly or you will melt the vinyl. I know its a bad habit but I  smoke and have used the hot end of my cigarette to do the same. they will not go completely away but look alot better. Just watch the heat or it will look bad

needles eye

Mike8560

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Grebo

Not tried that one, 
Supa glue sticks really well to vinyl how about the tiniest of drops in the hole & squeeze it gently together.

Suzi