Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 01, 2024, 03:43:03 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Looking small quantity of stratoglass or equiv.

Started by RocketmanMH1, August 23, 2011, 12:38:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketmanMH1

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a supplier for a small quantity of Stratoglass or the equiv. to repair
three small windows for an enclosure.  If anyone can help or maybe somebody has some small pcs. that are leftover from a larger job they can sell me. Thanks in advance.
      Mike

jojo

christwo

Scott Fabric's out of Memphis has 16g and 20g. Also not stratoglass, but same genre.

RocketmanMH1

Thanks a bunch.... What is the name of the stuff at scott fabrics?

christwo

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what they refer to it as. I have 2 samples here, and correction, its 12g and 20g. There is no part number on it either. I asked for isinglass and they told me they had clear vinyl in these gauges. If you were to contact them and mention clear vinyl in those gauges they will know exactly what your talking about.

DBR1957

Unless it has a scratch resistant and UV resitant coating on it there won't be an
equivalent.

How much do you need? If it's not too much maybe someone here can send it
to you. I think I have some small pieces. Give us the sizes you need for the three
small windows.

Mike8560

MY be wrong but I'm sure I've gotton a single sheet roller up from. Manart hirschor Miami

RocketmanMH1

Thanks for all the info, never been part of such a friendly forum, The sizes I need are...  1 pc. 20"x 18"      2 pcs.  20"x 25"    :)

Thanks again to everyone, Mike.

JuneC

Did you ever find some Strataglass?  I just got back from 10 days off and will probably be in the shop sometime this weekend if you're still looking.  I might have some scraps that big.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

RocketmanMH1

Thanks June but the customer(friend) ordered from Rochford. But thanks a million anyway. Also thanks to all who helped, again I say this has to be the friendliest forum anywhere!!!!!

Mike