Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:15:39 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

website

Started by jsquail, August 25, 2011, 08:51:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jsquail

I finally, after a year and a half, got my website up and running. Let me know what ya'll think.

www.gloucestercanvas.com
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

Mojo

Very good.

If you want I can send you some suggestions and a few typos I caught via e-mail.

E-mail me at chris@stonevos.com

Your site is a great foundation to build from. Good job.

Chris

needles eye

Some minor typos:
Home page, 2nd para - "We dont stop at marine canvas so visit"  - don't is missing apostophre
                    3rd para - " and professional service of the highest caliber." -  in oz we spell as calibre

About page, Values - "Our company is always evolving as the needs or our customers change and as new opportunities are created in the market" - or might be changed to of, that is,  to suit.

Very good site and certainly user friendly.
Good pix and easy to read.
Good luck. Reel 'em in.
Cheers

Mike8560

Looks good   Kne thing I found on my site id if I have multiple pix on a page if I did t shrink the photo first it tool longer for the page to load   On mine I also have it so you can click on a pic and it opens with the full redelution pic.
I e got some typo on my site but untill I get my pc back up. It will have to wait.
It may have loses slow  because I'm in a I phone to.?

jsquail

Chris,

Sent you an email

Needles,

Thanks for pointing those out. I have made the corrections.

Mike,

Thanks. I am still learning net objects fusion so i have to figure out the thumbnails and picture optimization. The photos are generally slow right now.

All,

Thanks for the comments, it helps having other eyes on it and suggestions!
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com

bobbin

I have to get a website done.  Just thinking about it makes me tense because I don't have a ton of money to spend getting one done.  I have secured my domain name, though!

Did you do that one yourself?  Did you use a template?

And isn't it amazing how little spelling errors and typos manage to slip by you regardless of how many times you proof read something??

Mike8560

Obbin I use hoanstead. Com cost me about  200 for two years it easy and you donit yourself
www.bayviewcanvas.com

Mojo

Quote from: jsquail on August 26, 2011, 07:33:21 am
Chris,

Sent you an email

I never got it. I checked my spam folder and it wasn't there either. :(

Chris

Mike8560

just seen some talk of a evacuation of some sort for glouster county that must be were your at hey

Also theybwere showing navy vessels leaving Norfolk on TWC

jsquail

Quote from: bobbin on August 26, 2011, 07:40:06 am
I have to get a website done.  Just thinking about it makes me tense because I don't have a ton of money to spend getting one done.  I have secured my domain name, though!

Did you do that one yourself?  Did you use a template?

And isn't it amazing how little spelling errors and typos manage to slip by you regardless of how many times you proof read something??

Yeah, i did it myself. Net Objects Fusion came with templates. I took one that i liked and hacked it up. I needed some place to start so that was it. Plus i am still learning NOF so i will improve it.. I bought my domain and hosting through godaddy.com. I cant tell you how many times i proof read that site.

Quote from: Mojo on August 26, 2011, 09:02:16 am
Quote from: jsquail on August 26, 2011, 07:33:21 am
Chris,

Sent you an email

I never got it. I checked my spam folder and it wasn't there either. :(

Chris

Just click my email link on the contact us page. it should work and that email will come right to me. Not sure what happened with the one i sent you though. It hasnt come back to me yet.

Quote from: Mike8560 on August 26, 2011, 10:13:47 am
just seen some talk of a evacuation of some sort for glouster county that must be were your at hey

Also theybwere showing navy vessels leaving Norfolk on TWC

yeah Im just north of Norfolk Naval Base. Traffic on Rt 17 through gloucester is getting bad with folks evacuating from the south. We have a lot of low lying areas but im staying put.

Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com