Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 02:29:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Shop up-keep?

Started by sofadoc, August 24, 2011, 07:54:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

August 26, 2011, 05:45:35 am #15 Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:09:39 am by Mike8560
Jojon that's what I've got here though mine is full of table  

just room to get around. D I kept
my
table to 5' wide with wings on a hindge to cTch the fabric comming out of the needle  
First thing undid was insate and AC.   I've got to oil up
wallboard but I'm thinking pegboard so I. A. B
hang stuff anywere I need   I e got a holder for a roll of canvS behind me at the e d kf the table and a holder a ove me cot my bindings thst toll off as I sew.  
I've been working on theboutside with some lsttce to hide underneath and landscaping  
I e vot fours. Four foot double florecnti ght o. The celing
it a tight space but I've done some big boat enclosures in it

bobbin

JoJo, I wired the ground fault outlets that surround the exterior of the barn that houses my shop.  It wasn't very hard, but my BIL diagrammed how to do it and sat next to me while I did the first one (an electrician).  I did 7 or 8 of them and it took me a fair piece of time (I was pretty fumbly) but it wasn't hard.  When I was finished he came over and looked them over and we "fired that mother up".  Everything worked like a charm (imagine that!).  I'm good at repetitive "grunt work" (lol) and doing it doesn't bother me at all.  It's a huge time (=money) saver. 

I'm really impressed with your shed idea! we're big time DIYers and while it takes a long time to do it yourself the $ savings is huge.  But more than that, I really like knowing how to do things for myself and I'm willing to put up with a longer time horizon to get things done.  Sounds like you are, too. 

Can't wait to see how your shop turns out; it will be such fun to move your business out there.  I love being in my shop; I can't wait to get out here, frankly!