Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 11:51:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Boat cover questions

Started by jeepdoc, August 09, 2011, 06:50:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

August 19, 2011, 09:45:21 am #30 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:53:17 am by Mike8560
Hat model jeep? Fo you have a pic?
I'd probly if the platform is higher the the rubrail is go over the platform a d have the strap go under it
doing this would creat a tention proble
in the back if you just keep the cover tight to the boat and go above the platform you will need to tie the center of the covr down somehow perhaps a strap could tie to the platform  or you could make it cover the platform also     Is this to be used in the water?  It would be allot asked to I stall for him with a snap on  you could do a seperste bow cover and then a cockpit cover   But allot of gelcoat can still fade 

DBR1957

Quote from: jeepdoc on August 19, 2011, 08:49:22 am
Ok here we go for the bayliner I did the interior he wants a full cover made down to the rub rail.
The only problem I see (mabey just a brain fart) is the back boarding platform has a support that runs higher than the rub rail there making it a little hard for a drawstring to work there. I was thinking about anchoring the draw string on either side of the cut out for the support? any other ideas that work?

Im still pushing  for a snap on cover

I always criss cross the draw cord to the tow eyes on opposite sides. Having the
cord come out of the hem at the center is best but if it comes out at either side of
the platform support works just fine.

Mike8560

August 19, 2011, 02:41:52 pm #32 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:46:34 pm by Mike8560
I don't normaly run the cord to the center I have to go around the outboards and there always alot going on at the dear with powerpoles and tabs

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/covers/photo4-6.jpg

I have the cord I use webbing  cont out at the eye on each side and run the strap throught the eye. Holds
the corners  o. In the biggest winds and the bow fit nice underrhe point isn't comming off  
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/covers/photo-15.jpg

Then my cover do what they have to to get by the motor  with loops the steP goes through to hold it all down snug