Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 01:24:52 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Getting wet mojo?

Started by Mike8560, August 10, 2011, 05:23:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Looks like it pouring up there

FYI  anyone with a smartphone wundergroubd had a cool weather radar
http://i.wund.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?brand=iphone&query=26.99218583,-82.10146361

Mojo

I am drowning up here. We got 3.5 inches of rain yesterday and 2.5 inches the day before and we are well on our way to hit the 2 inch mark today with a lot of thunder boomers.

I am going to keep my boat close by just in case...:)

Are you getting any weather down there ?

Chris

SHHR

Chris, are you in Florida right now? My Brother-in-law who lives in Brooksville was struck by lightning there yeserday. He took a phone call right when a storm was going through and the lightning came through the phone and electrocuted him. then when he fell he fractured his skull on his kitchen floor. The last I heard was the Dr. said he should recover but were waiting on an MRI to check for damage related to the fracture.
Kyle

JuneC

Wow, Kyle!  That's seriously scary.  I hope he'll be ok.  I recall one of my aunts had a phone handset blown off the wall and out a kitchen window, breaking the glass, all from a lightning hit.  They found it in the middle of the back yard. 

Lots of rain here on the east coast yesterday and lots more predicted for this afternoon.  Wish we could send some of this to Texas where they need it so badly. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

Wow Kyle hope he's ok that's mojo town

Me I got soaked yeterday installing some seats as kt rained the whole time that later it poured today light rain and in not. Patterning a top

jojo

Wow Kyle, that's terrible. I too was struck by lightening through the phone. It knocked me across the room and burned my hand, but otherwise I was fine. Since then I've always felt like a lightening rod. Whenever there's going to be an electrical storm the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and I know it's coming. Weird.

kodydog

Wow. Whenever I'm on the phone during a lighting storm my wife warns me to get off. I never thought that much power could travel through those little wires. Guess I better stick with the cordless.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Good Gawd Kyle.

I hope he recovers and there is no permanent damage. Geeessshhh, what a horrible thing to have happen to you.

Prayers and thoughts to your BIL for a speedy recovery.

Chris

Darren Henry

I guess i won't whine about my twisted ankle/broken heel bone after that .Hope all is well and wish him my best please.

My grandfathers farm was on a high ridge just outside of town and he lost a couple of cattle and horse to lightning strikes so the drill became --bundle up the kids ,hook the wagon/tractor , drive 1/2 mile north and a  hundred feet  down to the inlaws and wait it out when a storm rolled in because they had lightning rods.Decades later when my great grandparents retired to town and sold the homestead, it was discovered that the cables from the lightning rods were laying in the wood chip insulation in the attic.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!