Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 11:31:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Things I have Learned This Week

Started by Mojo, August 16, 2011, 04:53:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

* Keep your friends and family close, but keep your machine dealer closer. :) I would have been lost last week without that dealer support.

* Be sure and oil the take up bar well. Mine froze on me last Friday due to me forgetting to oil it. The tolerances on that shaft and bushing is very small. Who would have ever thought that this tiny little shaft and bushing could lock up a machine with a big motor on it. :)

* Carefully consider each job before agreeing to do the work. I just did my first 20 ft awning and my last. I am NOT set up here to do such long pieces of canvas. Working in the driveway and sewing in the living and dining room's is not an ideal situation. Especially when your dodging thunder storms. :)

* Sacrifice and buy the tools that will make your job easier and quicker. The Engle hot knife rocks and cut my time down on cutting acrylics by 50 %.

* Measure twice - Cut once. I screwed up an awning and shorted the width by one inch. Being pissed off is this weeks understatement.

* When your level of frustration reaches its peak it is a great time to lay down your work and head off to Hooters for rest and relaxation. :)

Please feel free to add to the list. :)

Chris

kodydog

Here's something I learned about 5 min. ago.

I just finished a repair on a sofa. 6 months old and the springs are already crapping out on it. To fix it I placed foam into the spring cavity and webbed the bottom to hold it in place. Nice and firm now.

So I go onto the internet to see what's the deal with this company. I do a lot of repairs on their pieces and not once has a rep from the company called and asked what was wrong with the piece and how did I fix it.

Did you know Broyhill owns Drexel Heritage, Henredon, Hickery Chair, Lane, and Thomasville. This all used to be high end and well built furniture. Now? Still better than most but not near as good as they used to be.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Hell Bat

I see some hot glue type epoxy being used in high out put aps,vs sewing,the world is running down hill  fast.