Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 09:29:20 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Adler find... and it really works

Started by skegfish, July 27, 2011, 07:27:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

skegfish

Hiall, Well the 100.00 Adler machine I picked up ( along with 5 others ),
works like a dream. I have been using a w155 for the last few years and boy what a difference a real machine makes. I had to spend 115.00 for a new thread tention plate set-up ( whice was missing ) and it sews perfect first time.  267gk373 machine in great shape from the lugage repair place right behind my shop, also got a 45k21 in great shape,  2 -  29U173A patchers with sucessive serial #'s and look like they were never used, 206b.
Got rid of two and made my money back!
Now I have to get rid of a couple machines at home before I can bring more in the basement, never enough room !
New seats for the truck, comming up soon!..... jeff in PA

sofadoc

Luggage repair???
I thought luggage was the one item even MORE disposable than furniture ;)
I think I'm gonna' open up a shop for replacing the filaments in light bulbs.
I might repair 8-Track tapes on the side. Or maybe replace the iglets on shoelaces. I could also renovate floppy discs.
Congrats on the Adler. But now, who is going to fix all that luggage? :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

needles eye

Probably earlier used to fix all the lost unclaimed baggage from the joint it came from being for resale
do recollect it was some kind of bagge storage place that went out of business
maybe the guy had a contract with the Drugs alcohol and firearms mob to repair their inspections
could pay to do some flyers to the local hotels, bus and air ports or wherever suitcases are popular
;D
love those Adlers
apprently adler means eagle in German

me i have a 269 cylinder bed, and 267 flatbed with air lift foot, back stitch and back tack
the 269 is great for suitcase corners where they often rip, good for filters too
it origonally came from a saddlemaker's
you can offer up a wooden platform to the cylinder bed to use as a flatbed as required
but the 267 really spoils you with the computer footlift, backtack and cut
overall, luv them adler's
too bad ima shockin' sewer
;D
http://www.efka.net/en/Unternehmen/servicestellen.htm