Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 08:18:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

They always say they will...but they NEVER do!

Started by sofadoc, July 04, 2011, 04:07:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

I always work on holidays such as the 4th, Labor Day, etc.
Customers ask "Will you be open?"   "Great! I'll come then!"
They never make it. They have the best of intentions, but just can't seem to follow through.
There's a lot of "loose ends" to tie up on days like the 4th, but going to the upholsterer ain't one of 'em.
The upside is: The telemarketers also take the day off.
Nice and quiet, I get more done in 1/2 the time on holidays.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Mike8560

I was out in the shop sewing. But I did get w solicitor call odd on the fourth
though court was insession for Casey anothy  also

mike802

I used to work holidays, not because I wanted to, but usually because I was so busy I didn't even realize it was one until it was to late and I already scheduled something work related.  But sofadoc you are right, I have never had a customer show up during a holiday for a scheduled appointment.   As I get older I have started paying more attention to when holidays are coming up and I take them off now, regardless of what I have scheduled for work.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com