Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 08:15:40 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Needles

Started by Mike8560, June 11, 2011, 07:45:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

When I started sewing I bough a machine and got some needles and again did the same  
I'm 20 years now I've gone though
200 needles I broke one this week and in my search for mylast needle  I found some that I must have got with a old machine I no lger have. The needles are to skinny for my
1 w155 singer or juki copy. So I don't have a use for theese Ive  got about 45
this he the number on them
16 x 257. 287wh
1738; 1738A
16 x 95; 16x231
DBx1; DB x 231

anyone have a use for them pm me your contact and I'll send them off

Mike8560

Mike8560

I'm just going to end up in the trash with them I'd hate to wayste them

needles eye

June 17, 2011, 11:41:39 pm #3 Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:26:56 pm by needles eye
Sir, I could certainly put them to a good home if you would be so kind, and, if you can endeavour to  post international.
Bit addled about whether or not they'll fit my current machines yet will certainly cherish them and will think of you often.
All the while they'll be very handy being in my future career as a sewing machine mechanic too.
Think the 287wh will fit a zig- zag machine am seeking for small sail repairs, a Bernina 217n.

Many thanks and best of regards -

Electro Active Marine Services
PO Box 25
Scarborough
Western Australia

# errata - vita brevis, ars longa, (L.), life is short, art is long.

fragged8

Do you know Mike every time i bust a needle
I think of you and how few you break.

I think this last week alone i broke about 4 needles,
it was that white PVC cover which seemed to eat
needles.

I bought 100 #18 needles last year and by the end of
this year i think i'll need another 100 !!!

Rich

Mike8560

Sorry I through them out
you know rich injust bought a 100 box last week
I   Figure Rich I've broke one on average 1.2 times per month usualy when I hit a zipper  so I'm alway careful and try to sew by hand on the flywhell when I'm near one   

needles eye

Say again?
not for nothin'

hey what! you threw them out??
drats and darnation
shame to see those needles go mike8560 as they don't make things like they used to, especially out of metal

so, you were through with them  - and possibly even damned cheeky needling bastards taking liberties?

ok ok, think i get it - not for nothin, not for nothin'
no worries bloke, sometimes beneficium accipere liberatum est vendere (L.), to accept a favour is to sell ones liberty
anyway, something for nothing -
"hi i just saw your website its real good
saw a possible spelling mistake on the page "enclosures"
not sure if its supposed to say weather or whether or whatever being about a third down
cheers"
Yo,  kindly note if you got anything else of sewing interest, not to heavy man, that you might be throwing out in future then please keep me in the loop and i will most certainly then forward the postage costs [to the land of Oz] to you being beforehand, that is, if nobody else really wants your crap. 'One mans junk is another mans treasure'.

In any event, all those choice upholstery titbits you continue to throw us newbies and other posters is really deeply appreciated, and, you really should hear us crooning in unision, "he's not heavy, he's my brother"
all good
;D

hey what sort of needles have you generally found to be the best to use for marine work?
any exceptions, like with peculiar fabrics, say?
you use the same thread size in the bobbin as from the top spool? or different sizes?
you mainly like to work with polyester, or cotton / polyester blend threads?
whats the go with ultraviolet resistant threads?
finally, you have a favourite thread?
many thanks for your time

Mike8560

Thanks needles I'll fix the site as soo. As I cancer to it
the needles mist have came with a industrial brother mChine I got some timeago  at the dump for 50 bucks
I gave the head away long ago but must have had the needles stashed away a d not being a le to use them I didn't need them sorry I tossed them before you showed interest

I'd any thing else turns up I'll  let you know