Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 02:15:56 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New Website

Started by mike802, June 21, 2011, 06:00:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mike802

Hi everyone, my son, Nick put together a new web site for the business, he did all the art work, design and layout.   Jack Carr at carrscorner.com made it all work.  Check it out and let me know what you think.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Saddleman

Mike, it looks real clean.  More photos on the pieces for sale.  Show them off....brag a little via the photos.  Make the website your virtual showroom.

Loren

mike802

You know what they say in show biz, always leave them wanting more ;D  Actually Loren, we have some new product and even some video that I would like to get  on line as soon as time allows, thanks.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln

bobbin

Wow! a very nice, clean website, Mike, very easy to navigate.  And I agree, more pictures!  I have been thinking about setting one up for my own small endeavor and I really enjoy looking at other sites to see what I like and what I think works. 

I do, however, have one criticism.  The use of apostrophes to denote plurals is incorrect.  Apostrophes are used to denote possession (ex:  the sofa's cushions, or the lamp's shade) or it is part of a contraction... a way to mark the place of a letter that has been dropped (ex:  the sofa's next to the lamp; in that example the apostrophe replaces the dropped "i" in the word "is").  Using an apostrophe in a plural is a very common mistake, so know you're not alone in the error, but please to correct it.  It will really put the "spit polish" a very nice site. 

jojo

Bobbin, I hadn't noticed this the first time I browsed the website, so I went back and saw it in the side menu of the products section. While I was there, something else caught my eye: he has a bobbin lamp for sale!
Way to honor one of our own, Mike!  ;D
Nice website; you are so lucky to have someone close to you with the necessary skills to pull it off!

Mojo

Mike:

I PM'ed you my input. Overall I really like the website. Your son did an awesome job. Very professional.
I think it will hit your target market well.

:)

Chris

mike802

Thanks everybody for all your comments.  I am so fortunate to get honest feedback, especially any misspellings, grammar,or code bugs. I am one of the worlds worst spellers and I have to work hard at it, when I proof read, I always read what I wanted to say and not necessarily what I actually wrote.