Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 08:32:54 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Front Enclosure Window

Started by regalman190, June 21, 2011, 08:28:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

When making a front enclosure window, I was taught to transfer the front bow curve onto the front window pattern. Then mark 1 inch below that curve, following the curve and that is the top of the window. Then sew zippers on with the lower edge of the zipper teeth along the top edge.

I was wondering how do the rest of you do them?

Joe
Regal Canvas

Mike8560

When patterning my front window I affix my pattern plastic to the bow with seam tape and to the window frame with snap tape or seamtape. On the bow I mark the same line as the top dot and all that. 
When working the pattern for cutting the window I remove 1 1/2" the width os a zipper together bolth halfs  and remove the 1 1/2" off the pattern from the top o the window patter then the window is made the zipper on the top edge can either be sewnon after the window is bonded and then the sipper sewn o to the bindidn with the teeth just  sti king up a ove the binding of the zipper can be sewn in with the binding a d it rolls up    Ive wee. This done on oem windows that were I Lerner it and used to use it allot before I started patterning.  The zipper lays along the top of the window teeth Down the zipper tape ca.  E sew. 1st the finnished with binding.
I used to do this before patterning   Id walk out to the boat with a piece of vinyl with a zipper sewn to the top o. The vinyl   Hang it on the boat and pin it in place trim it to size   Tben Finnish the window  binding ect.  But patterning I don't use that method anymore I Finnish the widow then add my zippers after.