Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 02:24:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

singer for a pineapple

Started by needles eye, June 16, 2011, 10:26:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

needles eye

June 17, 2011, 10:43:30 pm #15 Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:37:35 am by needles eye
OK, no worries, point taken
have deleted any offending post/s
and apologies, Mike, for any confusion being in relation

please, keep up the excellent work that you continue to do
keep smilin'

stay cool
Mark
Anyway, at the time of first reading  "the not for nothin'" statement seemed to me an inference that all Italians were sleazy,  that is, being in the content of the particular post in the first instant written in a breezy, light hearted vein
i went off half cocked because of my viewpoint and understanding, so that's how wars can start probably
The inferred meaning gained in reading this end was, "its not for nothing that you're an Italian and you're thus naturally into spanking (of which yet has been unspoken and should remain so)", and, candidly this seemed more than a trifle insulting to read
My favourite nephew is half aussie, half italian and i have some real close Italian friends and family
note that in aussie Italians used to, and can still, get referred to as wogs or dagoes in a most derogatory fashion
am sure this has caused much isolation, pain and cut to the quick
for the record i'm guilty as sin for teasing other nationalities when i was at school years ago too
However through hard work Italians have earlier helped build this country and, importantly, their earlier civilized cultural language of their origonal country still describes flora / fauna, medicine, law, philosophy etc being still to this very day
Well, now, labouring to be brief in this explanation (and "explanations become excuses") may have became obscure
Closing, there is an old Italian saying - he has lived well who has lived obscure
yours respectfully
signing off

fragged8

thanks for posting up again needles and taking action, all in the past now.

I'm locking this thread because it doesnt need
adding to.

I am sure we are all satisfied and remain buddies  ;D