Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

August 19, 2024, 10:40:23 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Awkward boat windows.

Started by Grebo, May 18, 2011, 02:33:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

I have a Jeanneau DS 50 which I have been doing various jobs on, I have made a forward screen cover which was straight forward, but the side windows are a bit of a puzzle. Sorry not got a piccy yet.
Due to the shape of the windows the covers are going to need some kind of fixing at the bottom  ( can't just hang there) but there is no room between the bottom of the window & a track on the deck which runs the full length to put any kind of fitting.
I was thinking that if there was some kind of sew on profile that would lip under the window & probably use poppers along the top & sides.  ???
Any suggestions ?

Suzi

fragged8

I know the compass might be an issue but what about those magnetic
clasps used in handbags. ?

Grebo

May be I should have said frameless windows  :-[
All glass.

Suzi

jsquail

Sew shock cord in the bottom of the cover and use a small hook at each end of the windows? It sounded like there is space under the windows between them and the deck/cabin/cockpit.

Just a thought. Hard for me to visualize with no pic.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas