Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 15, 2024, 05:40:25 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

customer service

Started by gene, May 18, 2011, 04:39:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

The Loose Pressure Foot topic started by Calzone got into a discussion of customer service.
I thought I would start a new thread on this topic.

I made two extremely large cornice boards for a law office on the 27th floor of a downtown building. I had an installer install them last week and I went along to help. The designer was there. The first thing she pointed out was that the bottom of these cornice boards should have been curved, not straight.

I made a mistake. A BIGGGGGG mistake. My first response was that I would make them right. She knows me and she knows I would not hesitate to take them back and make them right.

Bottom line is that she asked us to install one, and then the other. They did look great. The owner of the law firm came out and the designer explained what happened and the owner wanted them just as they were. I was extremely grateful.

Yes, it saved me time and money by having them accept them as they were. In this situation, with this designer, I believe it would have cost me a lot more money in the long term if I had tried to justify or excuse away my mistake.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!