Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:13:56 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

UPHOLSTERY.a ten letter word.

Started by viscountian, May 06, 2011, 11:58:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

viscountian

Sorry if this has been posted before.
A customer told me today ,that the word upholstery,is the only 10 letter word in the dictionary,where all the letters are different????????.(yes,a useless bit of information)

Mike8560

It's ok
I'm done all I can do and am waiting on the ups Nancie so
e pieces I need to Finnish a big job I've been on and make a bimini
for  the friend of a  friend this weekend

sofadoc

For me, it's the only 10 letter word that conjures up so many 4 letter ones! :o
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Cheryl

Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

sofadoc

Unsociable, ultrasonic, unbaptized, ulcerating, ulceration, underplays, undercoats, underflows, undogmatic...just to name a few

gene

Maybe your customer has been hanging around your shop too much and the toxic chemicals in your shop have gotten to him/her.???

Regulation
cumberland
springvale
pathfinder
monkeyspit
motherland
crazywomen
falconview
beachfront
duckmaster
bankruptcy
authorized
republican
educations
lumberjack

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

Quote from: sofadoc on May 06, 2011, 03:35:43 pm
For me, it's the only 10 letter word that conjures up so many 4 letter ones! :o

LMAO....... My Priest would have a coronary if he spent time with me inside my Up Shop. I quit going to confession. It took two days to get through all my sins.

I have even invented a few words that have no meaning but they sure make me feel better when I am having
a hard time.

I spent my youth with an RC Cola in one hand and a bar of soap in the other. Both went into my mouth alternately. :)

Chris

sofadoc

May 06, 2011, 08:36:46 pm #7 Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:20:32 pm by sofadoc
Looking at gene's words, I just knew there had to be a story there:

Thanks to the CRAZYWOMEN in the CUMBERLAND town of SPRINGVALE, the local DUCKMASTER was facing BANKRUPTCY. He would be forced to sell his BEACHFRONT home. It seems that LUMBERJACK damage had destroyed the majestic FALCONVIEW.
Being a REPUBLICAN from the MOTHERLAND, he had AUTHORIZED EDUCATIONS for the women, who had covered his new Nissan PATHFINDER with MONKEYSPIT, which violated a local REGULATION.

fragged8

;D you got too much time on your hands hehehe

gene

May 07, 2011, 05:24:27 am #9 Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:31:22 am by gene
 :D  Sofadoc, your story only had 7 four letter words in it?!?

Too much time on our hands for what? What was the topic?

Oh yes, toxicity in 10 letter words where the letters don't repeat themselves but turn into 4 letter words except on Fridays.

Mojo, I have a friend who is in his 70's. He no longer has any Catholic beliefs. However, he spent most of his life going to confession every week. He told me that he wanted to go to heaven and he knew that his impure thoughts would keep him from going to heaven. I said, "Wow. That's really interesting. I always thought my impure thoughts WERE my heaven." He got a big chuckle out of that.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

viscountian

Well done sofadoc.
2 hours you wont get back.

sofadoc

Quote from: viscountian on May 07, 2011, 12:51:05 pm
Well done sofadoc.
2 hours you wont get back.

You know, funny thing is, if a customer came in to my shop and wasted 2 hours of my time, I'd be bitchin' about it.  >:(