Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 04, 2024, 01:35:09 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Another v-berth cushion problem....

Started by jojo, April 12, 2011, 12:48:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

the inside of the curved edge must be rounded a bit

Mike8560

Hey JoJo I was looking at boat online and was this regal looked like your v berth   Is your a regal?
http://redfishyacht.com/core/listing/pl_display_photo.jsp?slim=broker&ybw=&boat_id=2220537&boatname=22%27+Regal+6.8+VENTURA&photo_revised_date=1300843443000&photo_name=Cabin+w%2F+Convertable+Berth+%26+Dinette&photo=14&hosturl=redfish&&ywo=redfish&

jojo

Oh my gosh, Mike...that's it!!! Isn't is lovely, in an 80's kind of way? Do you see how they handled the bolsters and that j? They just pinched and pleated every 6 inches or so, creating that puffy look, and the fabric, well don't get me started.
The owner wanted vinyl, because he wanted to "man it up a bit", and I sure don't blame him.

bobbin

Can you say, "Stabbin' cabin"?

Ewww. 

JuneC

Now that's a seriously ugly interior. No wonder they wanted it changed.   :'(  Yeech!  I'd make the foam more vertical/squared off and cover with vinyl too.  Jojo, you have your hands full with that one.  Good luck, and post what you come up with for sure.  Hope I never have to deal with that ugliness. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

jojo

update:

his cushions on deck are white w/a gray and red stripe, so this was the scheme we decided on.

here's a closeup of the tapeworm bolster:

that was hard. Thanks guys, for all your help!

jojo

JuneC

Bravo!!  ;D  They look great.  You'll find the lessons learned on that one will serve you well for many years.  Nice work you can be proud of for sure.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

Quote from: JuneC on May 02, 2011, 07:07:48 am
Bravo!!  ;D  They look great.  You'll find the lessons learned on that one will serve you well for many years.  Nice work you can be proud of for sure.

June

Agree, well done Jojo...

Suzi

bobbin

You should be well proud of yourself, JoJo.  That came out beautifully.  Nice work!

jojo

Wow..thanks everyone! That is indeed high praise coming from all of you. I'm just glad that you can't see the mistakes close-up.  ;D

Mojo

Awesome JoJo. Love the design....

:)

Chris