Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 07:20:40 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Question on buttons

Started by JuneC, May 03, 2011, 07:29:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

Y'all know I do boats.  Not much call for buttons.  However, I have a boat I'm working on where the vinyl on the back of the helm seat is all saggy (concave shape) and I was thinking I need to hold it in place with buttons.  Theory is that I could make 4 small holes in the vinyl, spritz in some aerosol glue to re-stick the vinyl, then cover the holes with buttons.  These look like they'd work when placed over snap studs. 

http://www.perfectfit.com/15344/154524/Buttons-Button-Machine/Durasnap-Molds--Soft-Shells--Durasnap-Back.html

Anyone have any experience with them?  Kool idea - especially for this case where the vinyl is glued to a fiberglass seat back and button shanks would just cause them to stand off. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

sofadoc

Those Durasnap molds snap off easily.  I HAVE done what you're talking about with padded rails on RV's.
It SHOULD work, if the customer will just leave them alone, and not pick at them.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban