Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 08:23:19 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

April work

Started by Mike8560, April 07, 2011, 06:31:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

When I was in NH I usualy had a few jobs contaxk me in march and then things got rolling in April
but things  were good then fro. What I hear it's probly good that I moved or I'd Leo ly be dead workwise.
Howard it doing up north?

SHHR

The winter work was dead here. I always try to get people to realize that's when to get things done. We've had a day or two at a time in the 70's since late February but always goes right back to 30s 40s or 50s. This week we've had constant days at 70 or above with it forecast nothing below 60 in sight through next week. As a result last week late and this week my phone has started ringing for work and estimates. I'm not complaining since I'll probably get most of the jobs I quote, but right now trying to juggle finishing jobs in the shop vs. running and writing estimates. I definately have more work to date this year than last year just no big paying jobs yet.

We did have a couple of big windstorms go through like you mentioned in another post, unfortunately for me anyway no boats were out on the water or in their slips yet up here.
Kyle

regalman190

Hey Mike. Business is been good. I'm booked into June. I worked on another three I booked in the fall. Patterned them and then worked on them over the winter. Also did a few boat seat jobs.
So far, so good! But, the hard part to deal with is the phone not ringing much from September to March.
Regal Canvas

fragged8

hiya

I'm flat out right now, but get the same as you guys in the winter . feast or famine :-)

it's been so quiet over the winter i've been looking for other stuff to do in the winter
so have been checking out boat moulds with a view to making boats and fitting them out
in the winter. only small fishing boats etc.

Rich

Mojo

This is about the time I start slowing down and head back into retirement mode. :)

All the RV'ers have gone home for the summer so the resorts are empty. What I need to do is start pushing these solar screens for residential homes to fill in my summer. But then to be honest, I do enjoy the summers off. I cannot handle the heat like I used to.

I have boxes of products I have sewn and will start offering them on e-bay soon. Hopefully they will sell well enough to give me some play money for the summer. :)

I still do not know how June and Mike do it. Crawling around on boats in 95 degree heat and over 100 degrees in the direct sun with stinking humidity so bad you melt. I give them a ton of credit for doing what they do down here.

Hope all of you have a busy summer and make lots of money. :)

Chris

Mike8560

The worst part is Chris installing a top and enclosure it isn't bad when tou pit the Bimini on you got shade and a breeze then the window start going on and it gets hotter with each one inside  at least you generally have shade installing fastners on one side of the bridge outside where it's cool.   
I used to enjoy my downtime I. The winter uP norh sitting around the baitshop watching tv and drinking coffee but then there was the snow to be shoveled outside on  the porch.

regalman190

I agree Mike. The snow is horrible and the cold slices right through your bones. And, this winter has been so long. Winter started in October and we're still in the 40's in the day and down to 30's at night.
Regal Canvas