Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 27, 2024, 02:11:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Auto seat parts suppliers......

Started by edp, March 02, 2011, 02:28:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

edp

where can I buy aftermarket seat pads & foam ? I'm looking for the pre-molded factory kind other then buying thru the GMC dealer, are there suppliers like that around?

I'm after the seat cushion foam for a 2002 GMC Savana drivers seat, I did call the dealer & its available for about $300  :o :o - that seems a little too golden for me.

Who do all you auto upholsters deal with?

Thanks, Evan

baileyuph

My thoughts are buns for a vehicle that new and not being in the popular restoration category, the dealer could be the only source. 

Most buns we buy are older cars that have a fairly strong restoration market.  Older Mustangs and the like.

My point is if the aftermarket isn't strong enough for a vendor to get into supplying an item like that, then the dealer is the only place and consider yourself lucky if they have them.

Consequently, we repair anything that new.

Doyle

SHHR

Dealer or salvage yard is about it, unless you want to tackle making a new one by glueing and shaping foam to the correct contour. My thoughts too for one that age is couldn't it be repaired?
Kyle