Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 11:32:47 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Trouble bobine case with Alder 067-073

Started by superfly, February 12, 2011, 04:58:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

superfly

Hi lads,

I am having a trouble with my machine. I have not used it since I bought it a couple of months ago got cut up with a million of other stuff.

I wanted to have a go at it yesterday, so I place a piece of fabric and started to sew.
But I some stage like all beginner I make a mistake bigger than me. (And I am big !!! :-) )
I sew few stiches with the dog leg up instead of down, which as for effect to wrap a lot of thread in the bobin case.

So I started to take stuff a part (put I do not have the manual so it took me some time).
Then I put it back together, but I think I am making a mistake as now the thread is getting cut all the time.

Basically in the couple of picture I am put below one of them got a back narrow and point to little hole than is where the thread got cut. I can't find a way to put it up differently to avoid this to happen.

It will be great if you could help, I am trying to make a car cushion for the missus as a present.
But I am afraid my present idea is going to go bad :-(

Thanks a million for your help.

Cheers

JuneC

I don't have an Adler, but my Singer bobbin case looks very similar to yours.  I believe the bobbin case is installed incorrectly. 

On your first picture, see that little square tab on the bobbin case?  In the photo it's pointing straight down (towards you as you take the picture).  That little tab belongs between two protrusions on the underside of the feed dog plate (throat plate) - the flat metal piece right under the needle with all the grooves on top.  If you lift that plate, you should see them.  The bobbin case should jiggle back and forth a little bit as you sew, but it should NOT spin.  Hope this helps. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

superfly

Thanks a million June, It was exactly my problem!!

Next time I will take something a part I will make picture before remove it !!! ; )

After fixing this and a bit of tunning arround the thread tension I was able to obtain some correct stiches.

I am wondering 2 things about the machin :
- Is it possible to set the length of the stiches?
- Is it possible to set the speed of the machine? (I am trying to handle it with my foot but it is not easy :( maybe the experience will do?  )

crammage

I have an adler similar to yours, in order to adjust the stitch length you need to turn the lever that's to the right of the reverse lever.  Move the lever till it's straight up and down, then turn the knob and you'll see the reverse lever move.  The larger the number the longer the stitch, the lower the number the shorter the stitch.  Hope that makes sense.

clay

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Nothing to add except about the motor.

If it's a standard clutch motor, then you can buy a smaller motor shaft pulley (and likely need a smaller size belt, too) to slow it down. 

Only the newer style servo motors have a speed control adjustment, either with a knob or electronically with buttons.