Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 30, 2024, 05:11:23 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Another Idea

Started by Mojo, March 30, 2012, 04:45:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

This is my second year for doing these seminars with the RV community. I do one seminar on slide topper and awning replacements and the other is on motorcoach interior and exterior care. But at the suggestion of a customer I started a new service whenever I attend these rallys and I announce them during my seminars.

I do free topper and awning inspections. They have been a big hit with the coach owners and many have taken me up on it. I got to thinking that since I am up there on the roof inspecting these things I might as well also get the measurements of each topper/awning. I then put those measurements onto a pre printed worksheet with the year of the coach, customers name as well as fabric color. I then tell the customer if one of their toppers fails they now just have to call me and tell me which one and I can crank a new one out and ship it to them.

They love the idea because they 1.) do not have to get on the roof themselves ( many of my customers are seniors ) 2.) they do not have to get measurements in the event a topper fails 3.) they can now simply call me and I have all the measurements and fabric colors on file. Most customers do not know what to look for when inspecting their own awnings/toppers and cannot tell if they are close to failure.

As for me it gives me a look into the future, gives me future order potential and eliminates measurement confusion by customers providing them to me themselves ( some are very bad with a tape measure ). One other benefit is that I typically get orders right then and there when I find a topper that is bad.

The downside ? My body aches for two days after climbing my fat ass up and down the ladders on the backs of these coaches. :) I could not wait to get back home to jump into the Jacuzzi and melt away the aches and pain. My Indiana rally in May is going to be pure hell and I am thinking about having my nephew come down from Michigan to help me. I am probably going to have dozens of coaches to do. I did 18 of them two months ago at a rally that had 80 coaches attending. This rally is going to be 4 times as big.

Can anyone see anything I could add to this service that might be beneficial to me and the customer ? Am I forgetting anything ?

Chris

Mike

I gueese you could save all this info to a colection on different. Oaches and gears and ocfer it to other  ustomers as well. If you had enough info you could make a order page