Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 01:45:36 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

pvc foam board for marine seats

Started by scarab29, January 20, 2011, 01:25:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scarab29

I saw it in manarts catalog but I'm sure shipping would be an issue on 4 x 8 sheets. Anyone know if mc master has it? Or where I can source it , types of supply houses and distributors? Got to replace some rotton wood backs and bases. Just don't want the weight or having them rot again.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

fragged8

hiya

in the UK i can buy it from builders merchants or
plastic double glazing companies.

Rich

JuneC

I get mine from Piedmont Plastics just down the road from me.  They have locations all over the US.  For a small fee they'll cut the sheets.  Look for one near you and give them a call to see if they'll cut/ship for you.

http://www.piedmontplastics.com/locations.aspx

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Darren Henry

Check with your local sign shop. Inta-cell and a couple of other pvc substrates are often used for sign making.

If you need to mold it ;10-12 minutes a side in a BBQ at 325ºF works well.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

scarab29

Wow after a google for pvc foam board and a link to a bertram forum. Guy had another link for hpg plastics. After looking on Thomas register found they were real close to me , just down from my Trivantage service center !!.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.