Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 08:19:35 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

RV Seminar - Oh Boy - Here We Go

Started by Mojo, January 21, 2011, 05:53:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I was contacted by one of the Coach owners groups ( Holiday Rambler ) to give a seminar on slide out awning failures which has plagued many owners. The location is right near me in central Florida so I agreed. In return I get a discounted booth / space for their rally and a full hook up site for my bus.

I talked with the coordinator of the rally yesterday and finalized the deal and while I was thinking there would probably only be 20 or 30 RV'ers attending the rally he dropped the bomb on me ( after I agreed to do it ). They have reserved 200 sites for this rally. Yikes.

So I have expanded my seminar to include the care of coach interiors, exteriors, solar screen installation and of course awnings.

This should be very interesting. ( All I can say is thank God this is not a Marine rally. I would be lost on that one. :)

BTW, Mike & June. If you want to send me some business cards I will gladly hand them out to people in your area. I have no problem pushing some business your way since I wont travel a couple hundred miles to install solar screens or awnings. :)  PM me for my address. The rally is in April so you have some time to send the cards.

If I get hit real hard with business in my area I have my ace in the hole which is Paul who lives a few miles from me. I can throw some business his way as well. :)

This should be an interesting adventure. I have done a lot of workshops and seminars but they were all on marketing and public relations. Upholstery seminars is all new for me. :)

Chris

Mike8560

Soundds cool
chris I'd be all
tounge tied givi g a seminar.
I could always use more work do tou thi no that any rves with boats down mywAt wold attend in April or fo north to there northernt states? Homes family ect.

Mojo

I have no idea Mike. But if you send me a few of your cards I will take them with me and give them to anyone down near you that is looking to have work done on their coach or boat.

Chris

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike8560

I'll send you some chriss April huh maybe you will get some summer work. Bit do t you not want it the. As tou head north in the rv right ?

Mojo

Mike:

Our Aussie family is coming over for May / June to visit so no long summer vacation for me. :) The wife's school year ends in May so we will be stuck here till July.

I believe we are heading to VA to see the kids and then spend a little time at our other house in TN so I will be spending July on the road. Her high school starts back up the first of August again so we will be back then. I will book my jobs around those dates and times.

As a side note, I did get the bus fixed finally. All new AGM batteries ( very expensive ), a new 2000 w Magnum inverter ( big money ) new fridge circuit board, new mircowave and two new LCD TV's. All compliments of Geico. :)

So dust off the BBQ because with the coach now fixed  I may end up at your place sometime soon. BTW, I will  bring the Porterhouse steaks. :)

Chris

fragged8

hiya

You should video it and put it on youyube ?

Rich

Mike8560

Quote from: Mojo on January 23, 2011, 05:31:16 am
Mike:

As a side note, I did get the bus fixed finally. All new AGM batteries ( very expensive ), a new 2000 w Magnum inverter ( big money ) new fridge circuit board, new mircowave and two new LCD TV's. All compliments of Geico. :)

So dust off the BBQ because with the coach now fixed  I may end up at your place sometime soon. BTW, I will  bring the Porterhouse steaks. :)

Chris
I had an inverter i my old boat and had to buy thoose agm's it ran my 3 lcd's and a few small lights while on the hook.
today i finally finnished my patio and had to buy a new BBQ.
i just got a small one so it may take a little time

JuneC

Thanks Chris, but I think I'll stick to boats for now.  Fact is, there's no high-end RV parks around here that I know of.  I can't tell you the last time I saw an RV that was worth more than $30K.  They just aren't popular in this area it seems.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields