Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 05:48:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

timing a consew 226 ?

Started by chrisw, January 16, 2011, 12:05:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisw

OK  I have a consew 226 and every time i thread it and i start to sew the thread pulls out of the needle what do i need to do is it timing or some thing else

kodydog

I have a really old Singer. If you don't hold the top and bottom thread when you first start it'll bunch up or do like you said. I've herd the newer machines are better for not doing this. Is this something that just started happening?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

JuneC

Oh my,,,  de ja vu.   Did that with my "new" double needle machine when sewing with just one needle.  Threaded the needle left to right like on most machines.... except the bobbin was on the left.  Sewed only one stitch, thread pulled out.  Watched, analyzed, scratched my head, had a vodka/tonic, tried again, NOTHING worked.  Till I figured out the needle should have been threaded right to left for the left-hand needle.   ::)  Whatcha gonna do?  Guess I earned my blond hair that day. 

Not saying it's your problem but whenever analyzing a machine problem, check the simple stuff first - like threading.   I'd guess it could also happen if the top tension is SUPER tight or hung up on something where it just won't give an inch. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: chrisw on January 16, 2011, 12:05:20 am
OK  I have a consew 226 and every time i thread it and i start to sew the thread pulls out of the needle what do i need to do is it timing or some thing else

Do you have an owners manual?  If not, I can email one to you.  Consew 226R is a good machine when working well.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Chris, got your PM, owners and parts book sent!