Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 02:18:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Walking foot marking vinyl

Started by RandyOnR3, January 15, 2011, 07:47:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyOnR3

Got an issue with a new machine.. its a new Juki walking foot..
when working around a tight corner (top-stitching) I'm finding marks where the foot is maring the surface,
and again the foot is scaring the vinyl when going over a thicker area as a seam..
   I've backed off on the preasure as much as I can without getting slippage.. and was wondering if I should pull the foot and file off the teeth alittle, so it wouldnt bite as hard...
   Any help????????

sofadoc

The 1/4" welt foot that I use on my Juki has a smooth bottom.
This topic has come up here before. I can't remember why some people use a foot with teeth.
What model Juki? Since you are top stitching, what kind of foot are you using? E-Bay has some really cheap feet (like $15 including shipping).
You might want to pick up a cheap set to experiment grinding on.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

RandyOnR3

The model is a  DU1181N and I've put it together as somewhat a "HI-BRED" machine..   Its a smooth machine but I wanted more control so I went with a Sailrite SC-MCR  Ac to Dc motor instead of a cluch or survo..
  And the feet, ya, they've got teeth..  but you've got a point as the welting foot is smooth...
Looks like I'll send a set of feet to the dentist for a little tooth removal..
Thanks for the idea............

Mike8560

I had a aerated foot on my juki I make piping withouht a weltfoot only using my normal foot I files the gripy line off the bottom that was marring the vinyl also.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: RandyOnR3 on January 16, 2011, 03:28:37 am
  The model is a  DU1181N and I've put it together as somewhat a "HI-BRED" machine..   Its a smooth machine but I wanted more control so I went with a Sailrite SC-MCR  Ac to Dc motor instead of a cluch or survo..
  And the feet, ya, they've got teeth..  but you've got a point as the welting foot is smooth...
Looks like I'll send a set of feet to the dentist for a little tooth removal..
Thanks for the idea............

How are you enjoying the SC-MCR?  I don't have any feed back on this motor, except for the price.