Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 02:29:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

This should be fun....

Started by JuneC, January 07, 2011, 11:19:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

Quote from: Mike8560 on January 09, 2011, 06:32:52 pm
Quote from: fragged8 on January 08, 2011, 01:10:45 pm
:D
i didn't have you pegged as a speed

demon June :-)

Ic I remember she said they have a formula

Fast boat

Yeah, but it's a 280SS, not a Fastech.  That's for next year ;D  Gotta have something to look forward to.  I have my goals all set!   8)

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

January 10, 2011, 09:55:06 am #16 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:56:54 am by Grebo
Not something I would keep bobbing about in the water. Definitely needs dry stowage to keep that bottom slick.  ;D
Good luck with that one June, nice soft lining eh !

Suzi

Mike8560

In a different thread someone said you need more pix June.
I was going to say I also enjoyed veiwing gour work it's some of the best I've seen. Perhaps back then you were putting together a photo album but I'd also like to see Ome more of what your up to. 

Peppy

Quote from: Mike8560 on January 16, 2011, 10:03:31 am
In a different thread someone said you need more pix June.
I was going to say I also enjoyed veiwing gour work it's some of the best I've seen. Perhaps back then you were putting together a photo album but I'd also like to see Ome more of what your up to. 

Me too!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

fragged8

JuneC

Ok, ok....  but like Russ, my day-to-day is boooooooring.  Just finished a set of 10 patio cushions.  Contrast welt cording!!!  WooHOO!  Only once in a while get something fun or different. 

BTW, gang, on those 10 patio cushions...  I've always used brute force to get foam inside the skins of zipped cushions.  These were impossible.  5" of firm dri-fast is very stiff stuff.  I stuffed 3 and my knuckles were raw from "hand inside cover trying to positions corners".  Ok, what do do with the remaining 7... hmmm...   Darren once said - cover with silk film and use a vac to shrink.  Ok, what do I have to lose - more skin?  No more left to give.  Covered the foam loosely with film, held the open side loosely around the film and turned on the vac.  SOB!!!!!  The thing shrank to 1/5 it's original size!  No need to seal the plastic as I first thought would be required.   Just lay it over and around the foam.  Placed the shrunk foam inside the skin, turned off the vac and positioned as it expanded to the original size.  Holy cow!  Darren!  You da man!

Yeah, I'm stubborn.  Should have tried the suggestion many years ago.  I don't do many zip cushions - most are stapled vinyl, but BOY what a time (and skin) saver.  And my knuckles are still scabby - 10 days later. ???

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

I tried the wet vac and a trash bag   Dod t work. Gueese I didn't get it air tight.
A while back a custoer vrouchr me a chaise loung he had a seam let go on a new cushion.
It had aboud at least 10"of what was not foam but like a heavy dacron
It was the toughest cushion I ever stuffed

anita52

Hey guys the vaccum cleaner and bag works well if foam is sof and not closed cell foam. Mike i used the dacron stuff you are talking about before I closed my shop it is a bear to work with. It is made to drain water in outdoor  cushions. June I would like to see pictures too. Never loose interest in learning new things Anita52