Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 09:57:24 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Help with wifes gift

Started by BigJohn, December 18, 2010, 07:19:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheryl

From the wife's point of view...   you'd be waaay better off to ASK her what she wants... (you can't go wrong with  flowers, candy, a fabulous card and a couple hundred bucks cash..) 

Coming up on 28 yrs of marriage..  I buy what I want... and tell him THANK YOU!!!!! kisskisshughug..  and everyone is happy.  I also make sure he gets what he wants too.. This year..  he got a new tv/dvd player for his semi and I got a 1940 Singer Featherweight  with all its attachments and its box.

Merry Christmas!  ;D
   Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

BigJohn

December 20, 2010, 02:31:42 pm #16 Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:36:45 pm by BigJohn
     You know in reality my Wife and I have made a joke/ game out of our gift giving because like Cheryl we buy what we want when we want it. I once sent my Wife flowers at work and since I always use the same florist I was able to request delivery during her lunch hour, and I had them put a card  on them without an envelope and it read: "Dam you were good this morning" Love John, Needless to say all the other ladies circled my wife's desk clucking for an hour, and I might add she got even!

My Wife expects the worst from me and I do nothing to disappoint her. he - he

Life's not worth living without a little fun/ humor in it, Merry Christmas and all the joy of the season to everyone

Big John

Half-Fast

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

SHHR

Quote from: BigJohn on December 20, 2010, 02:31:42 pm
     You know in reality my Wife and I have made a joke/ game out of our gift giving because like Cheryl we buy what we want when we want it. I once sent my Wife flowers at work and since I always use the same florist I was able to request delivery during her lunch hour, and I had them put a card  on them without an envelope and it read: "Dam you were good this morning" Love John, Needless to say all the other ladies circled my wife's desk clucking for an hour, and I might add she got even!

My Wife expects the worst from me and I do nothing to disappoint her. he - he

Big John

John, when I read this, it reminded me of something and I need to tell it. Years ago my wife and I were adopting children and part of the process was we had to go to have fingerprinting and background checks by the FBI. We made an appointment with the nearest office in Louisville, Ky and when we got there we were directed to take the elevator to such and such floor. Whatever I ate the night before wasn't "agreeing" with me and lets just say the confined space of an elevator was no place to be, luckily just my wife and I were on it, As thw doors opened to let us off there stood two agents waiting to get on, so as we exited the elevator and before the doors closed I said very loud: ANGELA., I can't believe you did that! She has never let me forget that one. :D
Kyle

sofadoc

Quote from: SHHR on December 21, 2010, 04:24:51 am
ANGELA., I can't believe you did that! She has never let me forget that one. :D
Kyle

Hey, Adam blamed Eve for that whole apple thing.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban