Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 04:22:30 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Domestic machine problem.

Started by Grebo, December 14, 2010, 01:34:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

I have an old Reeds sewing machine. Metal body, nice & strong no fancy stitches just straight & zig zag, I use it for any thing that the industrials don't like, light work.  ::)
It has a bobbin case that fits vertically, all of a sudden the bobbin thread has started jumping out of the tension guide (on the bobbin case)  it all stays threaded up & sew's until I get an almighty jam up ?
I use decent quality thread & don't drive that fast  :-[

Any bright ideas ?  ???

Darren Henry

:-\ A groove ( or other wear) on the inside of the tension spring ??  treat it like a carburetor ; gentle tighten it down counting the # of turns then pull it off and look

At the bottom of the "slash" there should be a wee hole where the thread doubles back over to the needle.  :-\ maybe some crud not letting the tread in?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Grebo

Cool, thanks I will give it a once over  ;D