Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 04:41:21 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Windy now cold

Started by Mike8560, December 14, 2010, 06:44:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

December 14, 2010, 06:44:54 am Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:13:08 am by Mike8560
Yesterday sas windy as  heck and cold to boot.
This morning my machine it like a Block of ice.  I like to palm the flywheel and it as coldas outside 
My shopIs as cold as outside 33* this morning. That why I'm in warming my hands.

SHHR

I feel for you Mike, I thought last winter in January and Feburary was rough, but now we seem on track to beat that. I heard it's going to keep up like this untill Al Gore screams "uncle" :D
Kyle

Mojo

They had ships stacked up like cord wood in Tampa Bay yesterday waiting for the seas to drop so they could piloted into the bay underneath the Sunshine Bridge.

They had cruise ships going in circles killing time till the seas dropped. I forgot how high the seas were
( I think 15 - 20 ft ) which is real high when trying to negotiate the bridge.

Anyone remember several years ago when a ship hit the Sunshine bridge ? It brought it down and killed several people, many driving their cars over the bridge at the time.

I have a lot of branches down in my yard. And yes, it is colder then heck out. This is not what Florida is supposed to be about. :)

Chris

lruthb

Well....I'm sure this is why some of you live down south.
30 below with the wind chill here in WI. 14 inches of snow.
On Saturday we took a ride to the store only to drive with 4 foot drifts all the way. The plows did plow, but the wind made drifts soon there after. On our way home we met the plow sliding in our direction. Man that as scarey.

SHHR

Quote from: Mojo on December 14, 2010, 09:40:43 am
They had ships stacked up like cord wood in Tampa Bay yesterday waiting for the seas to drop so they could piloted into the bay underneath the Sunshine Bridge.

They had cruise ships going in circles killing time till the seas dropped. I forgot how high the seas were
( I think 15 - 20 ft ) which is real high when trying to negotiate the bridge.

Anyone remember several years ago when a ship hit the Sunshine bridge ? It brought it down and killed several people, many driving their cars over the bridge at the time.

Chris

I don't remember if it was the Sunshine or the Howard Franklin (my wife calls it the Howard Frankenstein), but we were driving over to St. Pete from Tampa once in the winter and the whole bay was covered in thick fog. Driving along slow on the bridge in the fog I got to the part where the shipping lanes are. The really elevated part of the bridge. we got up above the fog and we couldn't see any thing around but clouds below us. It felt like driving on top of the world. All the cars around us sped up which caused me to back off since I just knew there was a huge pile up waiting as soon as we went back down into the fog again. Luckily there wasn't , I know it's not the longest bridge in the world, but I would hate to be broke down on it or in a wreck there.
Kyle

Mike8560

I'll look later  bur there is a link that has the taped VHS radio live as it happened

fragged8

hiya

I feel your pain Mike, i've been snowed on and rained on in sub zero
temps for weeks now.

there is a 33 ft Fairline i'm meant to be working on but it's not happening
in this weather..

some days it's  minus 5 or 6 deg C  or about 23 F

Rich

bobbin

I work in a shop where turning on the heat is frowned upon.  If it's sunny the room heats up nicely, but if it's overcast and cold/windy the place is brutal.  My fingers were cold all day long (so were my feet). 

I couldn't wait to get away and return home to the comfort of our cozy home.  I fired up the woodstove immediately.  I'm not a sissy about cold weather but there is nothing worse than trying to work in a chilly place.  Being cold sucks.  Period. 

wind_rose_2

Well you can't blame me for bringing the cold down with me from Canada this year Mike...l won't be there for another two weeks so get the warm happening!
Dave

Mojo

We are finally getting 70 degree weather starting today.

It's about bloody time. I didn't move to Florida to freeze my old butt off. :)

It will be about 5 to 10 degrees warmer where Mike is since he is further South then I am.

Chris

Mike8560

Itsnfinnalt susposed to warm up today

it was so windy it blew this heady Steele boat davit of mine 90 degrees out

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/photo-63.jpg

fragged8

hiya

you got a boat to hang on those yet Bud ?

Rich