Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 30, 2024, 02:00:36 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Were freezing I florida

Started by Mike8560, December 09, 2010, 09:22:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Sitting at my mCjine toes cold and fingers cold
you would think I was back in new england.
Turn on the heat! 

regalman190

Hey Mike......we've had steady snowfall since last week. Temps in the teens and 20's  :(. Want to come up north?  ;D

I flew down to Fl. last Friday to drive back with my daughter. FL. was chilly, but no snow. Half way back, I wanted to turn around...hahaha!
Regal Canvas

SHHR

December 09, 2010, 12:25:23 pm #2 Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:27:28 pm by SHHR
My wife is from Tampa, and we use to spend some holidays there before her mom passed away. I've never felt anything real cold, but you could always tell I was the out-of-towner. It would be in the upper 60s or low 70s and I'd be walking around in shorts while everyone else had pants and even light jackets. Nothing beats the year we went over to Indian Rocks Beach on New Years day and I was the only idiot in the Gulf (I'm still recovering from that one and it was 11 or 12 years ago now)!
Kyle

bobbin

It's brown here and it's cold!  I take the dog out every morning about 4:45-5 AM and I am wearing a heat and gloves.  This week has been the one where I traded in my polar fleece jacket for my winter parka.  Wool socks and my "winter shoes" have been in use for a month and half now.  But I need to replace some of the socks. 

If you're not used to chilly/cold temps. I think cold snaps are a lot harder to take. 

Split some leather, Mike.  Turn up the heat, bein' cold sucks. 

Cheryl

Feel for ya Mike!  I hate the cold but tolerate it here in Illinois.    My hubby runs to FL every week and was in Boca on Monday.  Our standard joke  is about him in the warm weather while I freeze, but this week he said it was  "Freakin cold down here! I had to get my long sleeve shirts out and turn the heat on in the truck"...     :-[   
   Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

Mojo

I figured you turned up your air conditioner Mike and left the door open. :)

Been in the 20's at night here, about 70 miles North of you.

Chris

Mike8560

December 09, 2010, 03:50:54 pm #6 Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:00:05 am by Mike8560
Ya I was The idiot when I dirst for here riding my motorcycle in my shirt whenit was cold out  but now I get cold  my feet and halnds and  the
first to go. Been heeling enough to acimate to the heat.
Don't get me wring it hit 50* but it was cold I. The morning.

Allan

Bummer guys
We had a 30deg C here today with light winds and blue skies
Well someone has to put up with it i suppose

Allan

mike802

I read Florida was breaking record temps that are like 168 years old, or something like that.  I feel bad for you guys, but it was five here this morning, I wonder hows Darren's doing? Hears a nice little song to get our day going, lets all sing along http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJUFTm6cJXM
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

NDAV8R

December 10, 2010, 07:25:02 am #9 Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 07:31:55 am by NDAV8R
....ahem, it was about 10 degrees F this morning in North Dakota, and prediciting MINUS 20 degress F on Monday.  :o It is still Autumn! I can't wait till next month for minus 40F!
At least the mesquitoes are not a threat...they are just napping.
   Tonight, our company is having it's annual Christmas party with a Hawaiian theme to it and we are suppose to dress up to the occasion. I am going to wear a Hawaiian shirt with a long sleeve thermal underwear beneath it!
Gale.
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

fragged8

I went down to check on a boat i was supposed to have covered a couple of weeks ago
and the birds were walking down the river !!

Mind you i love the ice cracking sounds as the boats bump into it on their moorings.

Rich

Mike8560

Rich I used to lime the sound of the big lake freezing. 
As the ice expanded it cracked. At night. It sounded lime thunder almost echoing in the valley off the mountians.

Darren Henry

QuoteI wonder hows Darren's doing?

It's not too bad yet. day time highs are down around - 16-21 º C which is around 3 or so º F and only -25-28 at night. Winds have been low so it's quite livable. But as Gale said; winter ain't here yet. Lock and load.

Quoteyou would think I was back in new england.

I'd gladly ship you down a pair of my  long johns (you probably threw yours out when you moved) , but I don't know what you would do for the other foot.  8) Or have you lost that much weight ( and height ) since your stroke that you can wear my size? :P
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike8560

Quote from: Darren Henry on December 11, 2010, 09:43:16 am
Or have you lost that much weight ( and height ) since your stroke that you can wear my size? :P
you knoe sence my  last trop to the dock and aftr i got home     about a month ago i lost 30 pounds after the stroke i am woking on getting it ack though 

Darren Henry

I'm thinking; your still not gonna fit a 28" waist and 29" instep.  :P

Quotei lost 30 pounds after the stroke i am woking on getting it ack though 

Have they restricted your diet as much as they did John's? I'm the last guy qualified to offer advice on weight gain; but I'd say potatoes (or potatoes) . Spinach may have worked for Popeye, but the rest of us need the "Irish power pellet" . I forget which side of the line it was , but one of our potato marketing board directors just finished 60 days of nothing but power pellets to prove how healthy they are. Media reports say he was fit as a fiddle but his tongue really really wanted a close encounter with a steak.

QuoteWe had a 30deg C here today with light winds and blue skies

Same here this morning , except for the MINUS part. Last time I went out for a smoke it was -32 º C or 26 below F. North wind at 6 MPH (9 km/h) , so still pleasant.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!