Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 06:25:28 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Just About Done

Started by Mojo, November 26, 2010, 06:56:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

November 26, 2010, 06:56:00 pm Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 07:01:18 pm by Mojo
I am always saying I do not do marine work. But I admit, I cheated. I am just about done with a complete boat interior.

It has been interesting and I have learned a great deal doing this project.  My work was not the greatest
and I am actually disappointed in how things turned out but then I am a perfectionist and had to let go of my OCD to get through this.

Glad this project is coming to a close. I have two small pieces to finish and I am done.

Chris

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x200/throgmartin/Upholstery%20Projects/boatinterior2.jpg

Mike8560

November 26, 2010, 07:10:14 pm #1 Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 07:17:06 pm by Mike8560
Looks like you just about got your  boat all done  just got to put it back together. Putting the throttle side back together is always fun.  I still have to see wa
bat type of vost I end yp with at the new place
maybe. One for each purpose.  Is that your  shop trailer looks lime a bike trailof also.

Mojo

It is about ready to get put back together Mike.

I have never done this type of work before. It is all new to me so I was learning as I went. I picked up some great tid bits along the way on here from you, June and other stitchers. That helped a lot.

Yes that is my old shop. I still cannot believe I worked in that dang thing for 2 years. 8 x 8 sq ft area. Yikes. The trailer is a 2006 Haulmark ( 20 ft ). It is all set up for towing motorcycles. I converted it to a shop but left the wheel chocks and tie downs in it. The front portion was for storage while we were living in the RV resort. I am going to be building a small storage building and will then sell the trailer.

I would love to go back and redo the boat interior after learning some of the tricks. But its to late now. To much time and materials invested into this project. I do feel more confident and would take on work in this area.

But I still refuse to do enclosures and biminis. :)

Chris

ncydmn

You must have meant CDO.  That's alphabetically correct!   ;D
My wife say's I am OCAR  Obsessive Compulsive and Anal Retentive.  I'm sure that's a compliment.

Mike8560

November 27, 2010, 03:40:41 am #4 Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:25:31 pm by Mike8560
Well you cod get paid to do that in you neck of the wood Chris

I keep Getting  boat upholstery to do
I'm  not complaining I just would like to see more covers or enclosure
better money / time.  

JuneC

Looking good, Chris!  I want to see pics of it installed. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Darren Henry

Looks spot on to me Chris. You're way too critical of yourself. especially on such an involved project.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Thank you Darren for the compliment.

Yes I am extremely hard on myself when it comes to work. I am accepting of others work, even when there is a screw up somewhere but when it comes to my work if I see something I did that doesn't look quite right I get PO'ed at myself. Maybe I need to lighten up a bit. :)

It was a little difficult doing this project. I had never seen it done before and didn't have a clue as to where to start/ I just jumped in and started cutting / sewing. :)

I have determination but lack self confidence in my work. But I know I will never gain experience unless I try.

Chris