Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 08, 2024, 07:42:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Burnt Orange Marine Vinyl

Started by mpm32, October 19, 2010, 12:07:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mpm32

October 19, 2010, 12:07:56 pm Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 12:13:01 pm by mpm32
Hi,

I spoke of this in my hidem post.  I am looking for burnt orange marine vinyl.  I had samples sent of many different orange marine vinyls, some are close but are missing the look of the original vinyl.  I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knew where I might find something closer before I settle.  I already gave up looking for the black and orange indoor outdoor carpet and replacing that with generic gray.

It is for a 1978 Correct Craft Ski Nautique.  Here's a couple of pictures;

Anyone know where I might find something closer than what I might go with?

It sort of looks like this, but in orange;

http://www.garysupholstery.com/naugahyde/ngbourbst.html

or, like this crimson one but in orange;

http://www.garysupholstery.com/naugahyde/ngrogue.html

See how they have the black or brown over the base color.

I'm also going to have fun trying to replicate the dielectric heat stamping with pleating and sew foam.

JuneC

Have you looked at Biscayne in "Tiger Lily"?  The small swatches of Biscayne show a solid color, but in larger swatches - say, 6 x 6, it's mottled.  Rochford Supply carries it.  You might order a swatch if you don't already have one.  I think Miami Corp also carries Biscayne.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

mpm32

I do have the Tiger Lily sample and that was one of the colors that I thought was close.  It's good to know it mottled in the larger panels.

Thanks June.

penguin

I am also looking for the burnt orange color with a very rough grain. I am using the tiger lily right now as it is the closest I can get, but for some customers it is not close enough. If you do find some please pass along the info & I will do the same  ;)

Half-Fast

Just looking at the links you posted, I'm thinking more along the line of "RU 750 Indian Red" in your second link.  To my eye, it does have more "orange" than the crimson directly to it's left....might be worth a sample swatch.  In my mind, the bright sunlight of the daytime may very well "wash out" the computer depicted color to give it that burnt orange.  Of course, and I'm sure you're well aware, compare the swatch next to the original in the exact same lighting conditions.

Jeff

JASS

I am alos having trouble finding orange but I am looking for the "true" orange.  Any suggestions?

mpm32

I'm pretty sure I'm going with this;

CHAMEA' MARMALADE NAUGAHYDE CONTRACT VINYL
[CY27]

I ordered around 15 different samples of orange, none of them looked like they do on the computer.

So the only thing I can suggest is to order a bunch of samples to find the color you're looking for.

Mike8560

Quote from: penguin on October 20, 2010, 06:19:57 am
I am also looking for the burnt orange color with a very rough grain. I am using the tiger lily right now as it is the closest I can get, but for some customers it is not close enough. If you do find some please pass along the info & I will do the same  ;)
is that the seat in yor avitar? i csn see if the vinyl ids next to the hard trunk that it would have to e the same color wwhat seld is or was that that had the orange seat?

penguin

Mike-yes-the seat in my avitar-it's from a brut-it would be awesome if I could find it! oops-my old avitar-this one is a suzuki

Miami Mike

IF NOT TO LATE>>>>

http://www.miamicorp.com/customer/micorp2/images/sample%20cards/Naugahyde%20Chamea%20II%20Card.pdf

WE SHOW 34 YARDS OF CY27 IN STOCK.

WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

mpm32

Ah thanks I haven't ordered yet but I did find it for around $4 less a yard from another location.  So for the 16 yds I need that is a significant difference.