Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 18, 2024, 12:49:39 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Wall Upholstery Products

Started by cparks, November 09, 2010, 07:02:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cparks

I'm looking for a specific product that is used in wall upholstery (I have been told that it is from France).  The best way to describe it is - similar to a metal tacking strip mounted to a piece of 1/4" lattis.  The way that it works, is that the tacking strip with a jagged edge overhangs the lattis by about a 1/4".  Creating a slight void when pushed against the wall.  Once an allowance is made for the thickness of the fabric, the lattis strip is stapled to the wall.

One side of the wall is blind tacked.  The other is tucked between the metal tacking strip and the wall (the jagged edge on one side of the tacking strip holds the fabric).

My problem is - I have to upholster a large area with a lot of tight corners and my client is insisting on blind tacking everything.

I'm familiar with the majority of fabric tracking systems, but I really need something 1/4" thick, so that it does not protrude bast the baseboard.

Thanks.

MinUph

Couldn't you just use tack strips? Or curvese?
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Search the member list for tapissier. He used to post on this board, but hasn't been around in a while. He's from France.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

I always loved Tapissier's posts, Sofa..  I know he posts over on the boards at the Professional Upholstery and Soft Furnishings Group, too.  And I know he has a beautiful website.  Maybe if you search for him on this site there will be a link to his website and a contact.  He in NYC, I think.

sofadoc

Quote from: bobbin on November 10, 2010, 01:52:14 am
I know he posts over on the boards at the Professional Upholstery and Soft Furnishings Group, too. 

The last time I checked, he was now just a "guest" at Carrscorner.
But his e-mail is still listed in his profile here.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

JuneC

You've looked at Whisper Walls tracks?  Seems to me the ones I've worked with are about 1/4" thick or less.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

cparks

Thank you for the responses.

Yes.  I can upholster the walls with tack strip and plygrip if I have to.  If it was a small (straight) area, it would not be a problem.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of obstacles and the designer chose a thin fabric that is going to accent every imperfection.

No.  I have not looked into Wisper Wall Tracks .... will do. 

Thanks.