Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 04:35:41 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

need info on 1928 singer

Started by bigdog56nh, November 11, 2010, 04:11:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdog56nh

we were just given a singer sewing machine that was made in 1928. but....we have had no luck tracking down manuals for it. also i need to find foot pedal for it. any ideas of where we could try to find what we need? thank you in advance for any help!  :D

bobbin

You're going to have to do better than telling us it was produced in 1928!  What model # is it?  Can you post a picture?

There are a ton of machines produced in 1928, and the variety is so great that without a model# we really have nothing to go on to give you any information. 

bigdog56nh

sorry my bad lol the model number is Ac154514 i will post some pics tomorrow. thanks and sorry again for not leaving model #

bobbin

Means zippo to me, but Gregg will probably be all over it like white on rice.  Sit tight, info. will likely be forthcoming. 

lamx

November 12, 2010, 04:41:31 am #4 Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 05:23:38 am by lamx
According to the serial number list on the Singer website, you have a model 66, one of 35000 commissioned for manufacture on 22 May 1928.  You can download a free instruction manual at
http://www.singerco.com/accessories/manuals.html
and a Timing and Adjusting manual at
http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManuals/66.pdf

Being a 1928 model, the machine was most likely produced as a treadle head and had a motor added later, so no telling what foot control was originally supplied.  Any generic two-wire foot control should work, your local sewing machine repair shop should be able to supply a used one for under $10.

Ed

bigdog56nh

well my pics wont upload on here yet so unfortunately i can not post them...weird, but thank you for your help