Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 04, 2024, 11:39:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Tyvek Pattern Paper

Started by 91corvette, November 10, 2010, 11:10:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

91corvette

Mike8560

Most supply dustemtrivantage have it dor what it worth
I've watched other shops use it bit I do t think it comes that wide and is not clear so you can se dots and marks through it.  I use clear 6. mill shrinkwrap that comes 14 feet wide on  the roll

fragged8

Mark Hood (Hood canvas, writes in fabricator mag ) uses it but like
Mike says use plastic coz u can see through it.

If Mike suggests it I don't argue  ;D

Rich

91corvette

Thanks. We need some to make stencil pattern to roll out and power in and cut with 6 or 8 inch cutting knife. Will be using it over and over again. Would like to know a place you can buy it 54 to 60 inches wide.

mpm32

Is it any different than the tyvek you can get at Home depot?  I imagine it's not printed like the tyvek house wrap but if you can get by that, it comes in 8' wide rolls.

Mike8560

I think you meen canvex   No it is a wo en material lime the cheap blue tarps at homedepot.
I'd go crazy trying to make. Oat co era if my pattern material p ly came 8'wide.

JuneC

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

91corvette

mpm32

How is the Tyvek in the link different than the tyvek house wrap that lumber yards sell?

Maybe thickness? And it's not printed on?