Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 07:26:13 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What To Do With All Those Scraps

Started by Mojo, September 01, 2010, 08:11:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I have rolls of scrap textilene fabric that are too small to make into window screens so I came up with an idea.

I made Ladder buddys out of the scraps for my son, myself and a friend of mine.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x200/throgmartin/Up%20Shop/?action=view&current=LadderBuddy2.jpg

I made one with double pockets and another with triple pockets. I sewed 2 inch velcro on the flap and it simply wraps around and velcros over a rung on your ladder.

Moving into my new shop I had a ton of scrap fabric of all kinds and I donated that to my wifes high school art class.

I could market those ladder buddies but the profit margin is so small that it probably wouldn't be worth it.
I have no idea what I would even sell them for but probably $ 20 bucks would be tops. I do not think anyone would pay more then that for them.

Chris

seamsperfect

Nice work, I believe is a patent on the idea of it but you could sell it out of the retail markets.......
Kevin

Mojo

Kevin:

I have never seen one of these before. I made my first one out of necessity because I needed a place to put my drill and hardware while on a ladder installing solar screens. I could never find anything on the market. So one day while frustrated over getting up and down the ladder to get tools I sat down and sewed one up.

The problem with patents is that no one cares anymore about them. Someone can invent something, spend $ 30 K to patent it and the Chinese will copy the design and mass produce it. It is a real shame. I have produced several marketing CD's and sales were great at the start. Then sales fell off big time. I later found that someone just bought my CD and copied it and sold it for half the price I was selling it for. They didn't care about the copywrite.

I could have went after them and sued them but what for ? I would have dropped a pile of money on a lawyer. I no longer waste my time writing manuals or how to marketing / pr books.

Chris