Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 11:42:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Absolutely, we upholster soccer balls!

Started by Peppy, June 23, 2010, 06:15:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Looks great they should have done somthing with the dash pod too.
  Karen on here used to do some wild stuff on parts like that removing the vinyls backing.

Rickster

Love the work cart in your gallery. I'll have to make me one.

jeepdoc

Peppy
Very nice Im always looking for better pattering methods I was wrestling with 4mil plastic on the pontoon seats this weekend very hard since the seat is so long. Im going to try your method next time plus the black of the dust cover makes it so much easier to see and it propably dont tear as easy.
Thats why I love this site Im no pro but someday hope to turn out products like that ;D

Peppy

Well, it continues....the plague of jet boats that is...

The drivers seat blew away when the guy was trailoring and I had to build it from scratch. I forgot to get a picture of the hole.

Pattern on the foam put back in so I could line up the pink stripe.

Done! Neat one this seat, no stretchers (stays? listings?) or glue on the foam, just shape.

(we would've had to order the teal so the customer opted for white before you ask about the border)
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

shaggydoo

Very Nice!I was doing a bunch of these seats a while back,gotta love that Allsport man!!!Are the multi color seats allsport also?
Havent tried stripes like that using Allsport.Did you have any problems sewing in the multiple colors if it is allsport?I wondered
how something like that would work using the stretchy stuff.
                                                                             shaggydoo

chevman57

I see you refer to those boats as "sport" boats. I always refer to them as pwc boats. I have recovered a couple of them over the past couple of years and they can be a lot of fun. I used regular mellohide on the ones i recovered. I will try the allsport on the next one and see if it makes it any easier. You have done some fantastic work on them.
Terry

Peppy

>shaggydoo
the only allsport I've ever used is on the green and white boat at the start of the thread. Everything else is some instock stuff or maybe softside which we use a lot. Sewing the allsport worked really well. I thought it would puck like mad but it was flat and nice. I still have no idea how to patternize for it though. I've been thinking a 'negative' seam allowance. Like minus 1/2" from finish size = cut size, meaning it'd finish 1" less than the finished size. But I'm just guessing. I'm not sure you could plan accuratly on something with many seams or if it was large with out trial and error. 

> chevman57
I'm sure they can be lots of fun, but the customers never take me for a ride, so I wouldn't know! ha ha!

Thanks guys!
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering