Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 30, 2024, 11:55:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Adjusting the lift on 111W155

Started by JuneC, August 23, 2010, 06:18:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

Anyone ever done this themselves?  I was looking at the manual earlier and it appears to be fairly simple.  Any hidden gotchas?  It seems to me, though I don't know how, that the lift on my machine has gotten lower over time.  It's getting really annoying to sew over a thick seam and have the fabric get stuck under the foot.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

baileyuph

Yes, June and after you get into it becomes logical.  Just follow the manual but allow learn time.  The first time, it took me much longer than it would an experienced mechanic.  But, I got "her" done!  This was on one of my Pfaff.

Do it with the foot you plan to use, seemed to be more accurate for me.

My .02 Cents.

Doyle

jeepdoc

I just got done messing with mine its a 111w153 though might be different on yours wasnt terriably hard. I just adjusted slowly in one direction  at a time untill I figured out which way I needed to go Mine along with my feed dogs were way out of wack. Just adjust a little at a time and roll the machine over by hand i went too far and kina caused the foot to jamb up on the feed dogs