Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 03:14:33 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

shop improvement

Started by Mike, October 08, 2013, 06:49:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

when I got my new shop space last January it looked like this

I painted it got everything  set up

then this summer it got hot like mid nities and humid sweating just sitting at my table
so I built a wall inside the tall overhead door installed a suspended ceiling 8' and put in a 25000 btu ac in the wall

nice and cool now  ive got a little taping and paint to finish but ill be ready next summer
it a joy to go to the shop now before I did what I had to a left asap now im in no rush to leave and will do other little projects and get more done

Mojo

Great job Mike. Sewing in the Florida heat is no fun.

You got the shop looking good. Now you can sew without getting heat stroke. :)

Chris

brmax

Nice shop there Mike, i see the lowered ceiling panels, that has to make a big difference on cooling .

lilsuz

Love the shop, love the air conditioner. I had to put one of those in late this summer, it was so hot in WA State that I kept leaving my shop - way to hot to hang around, and it is upstairs. Heat rises, so I had a really hot shop!

Anyhow, great set up!

Mike

ty litlesuz  I have heat for days on end it dosent start to cool till October mow, I put a sunblock mesh on that door yesterday too block the glare help keep the heat out and to block eyes from seeing my vinyl cutter equipment I set up I had a vinyl cutter for years I decided to set up if only for personal use