Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 28, 2024, 07:54:07 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Video Learning??

Started by Half-Fast, July 28, 2010, 09:26:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Half-Fast

I'm at a point now where most of the updating and renovations on my house are complete and I feel ready to start hauling some of my own furniture to the shop and jump on them.  I've gained a great deal of knowledge from the folks I've been reading here in this forum...and have logged countless hours on you-tube watching almost every upholstery video posted.  That, plus the limited exposure to this business I had in my dad's shop.

I still have a few gaps in knowledge that need to be filled in.  Has anybody here learned from any of the upholstery training videos that are available?  I'll definately check out Kim Buckminster's videos, but there are many more out there (like, on this forum's homepage  ;D).  Any that you would recomend?

I'm NOT a book learner!!!  In the past, if I learned anything, it came from putting my hands on it and tearing it apart, "just to see how it worked"....or watching somebody who knew what they were doing.

Jeff

hdflame

Tearing it apart is definitely a good way to learn.  I take a lot of digital pictures and video while I'm doing it so I'll have a visual reference if I need it when I'm putting it back together.  Can't take too many pictures with a digital camera! ;D

Ken's videos on this site are very good to get you started.  I have them and have looked at them several times.

Also, I have a Sid Chavers video.  It's good for automotive.  He has a total of 3.  I'd like to have ALL of them.

I have rented how to videos from www.smartflix.com, but the last time rented from them it took FOREVER to get them.  When paid for them, they were backordered for about 40 days.  Long story short, after a lot of complaining, I received them in a timely 6 or 7 months! :o

Don't think I could recommend them anymore.

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)