Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 04:30:45 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Glue

Started by SteveA, August 31, 2017, 09:23:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

Its been another good post here, I have to say many many more adhesives than has been in my tool box. As I was admiring some products were made or canned here in thee ole home State that was a plus. I should say these cans may have a higher freight charge as sometimes flammable items do. fwiw
I noticed the mention in the glue descriptions from the factory pages, of another sprayer, the critter 118 just about the spitn image.
These post do ring a bell as I recall several conversations of items here, I suppose just stickin to canvas i'm lucky these get re-visited. So in this can one of you elaborate on any kit or items you liked on the sprayers, seems there was some good and maybe short discussion in this sprayer specific way back.
Thanks guys

Floyd

MinUph

Floyd,
  I've used the K-Grip siphon spray gun for many years. On moving to Florida I didn't have mine anymore and couldn't find it easily so I purchased an EZE Spray Glue Gun which is another siphon gun but much cheaper. I did not like this one. And a friend gave me an extra K-grip gun that I am still using. Much better. I would post pics but it's too much trouble posing pics here, but this like shows both guns. I've never used a large paint sprayer for this type of glue. I have heard of others and in a larger production shop it would make sense.
http://www.yourautotrim.com/sprayglueguns.html
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Paint sprayers work fine for glue, as long as you use them frequently and clean them often.

The siphon sprayers like Critter, EZ, and K-Grip are better suited for small shops because they require less cleaning and maintenance.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban