Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 01:24:21 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Door Panel Broken

Started by hambya12, May 25, 2017, 07:34:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hambya12

Hi All, I had to remove the door panel on my 2002 Cadillac Deville, in doing so I broke the slots on the door panel itself not the clips in the door. How would you now re attach the door panel or can you? I really don't want to have to buy another door panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darren Henry

Hi ham. Thanks for joining us. Not many of us who do this for a living can afford to drive a Caddy, so we need some more info or better yet a picture.

Is the door panel molded plastic or a heavy cardboard panel cover in vinyl or fabric?
what tools and experience do you have?
How "pro" do you want to get with this?

The redneck in me says; If you don't have any light tin lying around make a pot of chilli and save all the tops off the cans. Cut slots into the lids ( or pieces there of) and stick them over the broken areas with JB weld etc.. or rivets if there is room behind them.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

SteveA

Darren that's what I call a little Southern Engineering 
SA