Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 01:24:42 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

DO YOU KNOW OF A SUPPLIER FOR SOFA BED HINGES?

Started by Stephen, May 11, 2017, 05:07:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

May 11, 2017, 05:07:36 pm Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 10:18:43 pm by Stephen
NEED SOFA BED HINGES:
Do any of you know of a supplier for sofa bed hinges, such as in the picture below. The type we need allows the seat to pull forward and raise up (to expose a storage area beneath) and to click and lay then seat/back section into a bed.

The hinges should look something similar to this:

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1jAlsLXXXXXalaXXXq6xXFXXXy/Furniture-Hardware-Adjustable-Heavy-Duty-Sofa-Bed-Hinges-KYA028.jpg

So far, the only suppliers I've been able to find are in China.
Stephen
Winters Sewing & Upholstery
Upholstery Resource website

SteveA

a company called Central Texas Supply in Austin carried those kinds of things.  I searched the internet but didn't find them - maybe out of business - can the ones you have be repaired ?
SA

sofadoc

I think that Central Texas Supply merged with San Antonio Supply and became Capitol City Supply many years ago.

Yes, sometimes they can be welded. Just depends on where the break is. as long as the weld doesn't interfere with the tabs that go "click-clack".

Every now and then, I get in one of those old sofa beds with the old "click-clack" hinges that are behaving cantankerously. I've tried to order replacements from my normal suppliers. But the answer was always the same........."We used to carry them, but we don't anymore".

Like Stephen, I've found them online from China. But some look really thin, or they only sell in large quantities.

I've decided that if I get in another sofa bed that needs new hinges, I'm just going to advise the customer to abort.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban