Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 10:31:31 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bill of Materials ?

Started by brmax, April 09, 2017, 08:10:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

Good Morning!

I am considering options and so looking for ideas from you all the experienced Guru.
At present i use regular quickbooks desk top, and find i want to use for myself a BOM bill of materials.
I have several scattered ideas between excel and possibly linking this to invoices.
But if nothing else i need to or would like using an attachment option available to the invoice.

Im not sure what else i can say here to raise a conversation on this, so is there any thoughts on this  subject lately.

Floyd

MinUph

Floyd,
  A BOM sounds like inventory would be needed in QB. I have never used inventory except to play with it once or twice but I would think if you set it up you should be able to get a BOM report on an invoice as long as you include all components in that invoice.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SteveA

I hope at the end of the year I deposited enough to stay in the black.  Breaking it down sounds like more work that there isn't time for. 
My cousin does my books so I'm lucky - he makes a spread sheet of every thing that comes from my business - I never thought about breaking down each job -
SA

gene

I'm not sure what you are wanting to do. You said "...i want to use for myself a BOM bill of materials."If you are wanting to keep track of inventory for yourself then Paul's suggestion of using Inventory in QB is the way I would go.

Is this something you are going to include on Invoices to customers? Are you thinking of buying and then reselling stuff?

I like to keep it simple by using as few software programs as I can. If you can do what you want on QB that saves you from having to use a spreadsheet.

Gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!