Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 11:25:15 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

SCORE!

Started by byhammerandhand, December 03, 2016, 07:44:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Consew  long round machine bobbin:  That one is referred to as a shuttle bobbin, where as the 206 is a round bobbin.  It turns out the 206 has the bigger round bobbin.  Which bobbin  holds the most thread, depends on the size of both types doesn't it?  To guess, the suggestion is the big round will hold the most thread. 

Which is easier to install?  Depends, but does the head have to be rotated away from the user to install the shuttle bobbin?  If so, the drop in round bobbing is a convenience.

The noise click - click, is not a characteristic of a round bobbin equipment. 

It is interesting to note that the shuttle engineering over time has almost disappeared, Bernini machine (domestic only as far as I know) is the only new machine that incorporates the shuttle bobbin.

With respect to industrial machines, Singer has used the round bobbin since way back in the (could be just a while after the turn of the century).  When I was just starting, canvas/auto machines (very heavy duty equipment) all used the round bobbin.  That said, the round bobbin gained size somewhere in the 50's or so, that is the same heads but with what was called the big round bobbin.  This machine has been the predominate engineering used by furniture/auto/marine upholsters for years - the big round bobbin.

Nothing bad about the small round bobbin equipped machines, the obvious fact is they have to be changed a little more often.  Small scale projects, this isn't a big factor.  Marine people, for example,  who sew "yards of stuff" realize the bobbin size advantage.

All this is overview but leads to the probable conclusion that the shuttle bobbin equipped machine used especially for repairs and/or small scale sewing will not have an issue with the Consew w/shuttle.

Enjoy the machine and collect the money from the business diversification accomplished.

Doyle

byhammerandhand

Currently, it's sitting in my wife's sewing room. I don't think I'll be diversifying with it.

I'm enjoying my new woodshop space.  I no longer have to move a couple of pieces of equipment or in-process stock every time I change an operation.

I'm currently working on some chairs for the granchildren at the dining table (daughter and husband got a new dining table for Christmas).   I've reverse engineering these chairs and the laminated bending,  angles and planes of symmetry are straining my brain.

Quote from: DB on January 14, 2017, 06:11:24 am

Enjoy the machine and collect the money from the business diversification accomplished.

Doyle
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison