Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 01:05:16 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Plessant Surprise!!!!!!

Started by baileyuph, August 15, 2016, 07:40:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

While edging over to buying a new long nose staple gun, I saw my gun just laying there and decided to get more familiar with it.  I guess the the impulse to do so was nostalgia - it has served me well.

To get more familiar, the gun was taken completely apart and studied.  O-rings looked ok, the driver, well I couldn't see a cause, and the other plastic piece (actually two) were not broken.

During analysis as described I noticed my hands were getting kinda dirty, not too smart but decided I should clean them and did.  As I said, not too smart but did think the gun needed cleaned- took the initiative.  In doing so, there was a lot of stuff coming out that even a dumb guy gave thought that this isn't good.

Went through the cleaning process not once but twice, couldn't stand the idea of getting my hands dirty reassembling the gun.

The process proceeded as described then put the gun back together.  Hum, put staples in the gun and it fired like new!

This thing was literally filthy inside! Those few minutes made that type of difference.

Thought it might be worth passing on..... Still need the new hose, however.

Doyle

gene

I had mentioned a similar experience on this forum a few years ago. I put a drop of oil in my staple guns every so often, and over the years it got pretty gummy inside. I think it's a combination of moisture with the oil, and maybe some metal 'dust' that makes the gunk. Cleaning my staple gun also made a world of difference.

I too had originally taken the gun apart to see if something was broken.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!