Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 05:18:31 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

lawn chair mesh attachment issues

Started by Judy_Boat, July 05, 2016, 12:14:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy_Boat

Exisitng attachment is like a spiral nail that got driven into the aluminum.
Anyone tried to remove and reuse these type of fasteners?

Also open to other simple solutions

SteveA

Haven't seen one with a screw like that.  I guess you can't get it to retighten ?  Have you ever used self tapping sheet metal screws ?
SA

Mojo

Contact Patio Products in Boca Raton, FL. They have a great deal of experience with all of these type of chairs and also sell parts and fabric for them.

http://www.patioproducts.com/

Chris

Judy_Boat

The screws did go back into the replacement mesh material and seemed to snug in. I probably should have used a small shot of glue at each nail. I think if they have no chance to move relative to the material they will not work their way back out.

Could definitely sit down and get up out of the chair a few times without anything shifting. Also laid in some duct tape on the underside to help keep things in place.

SteveA

or maybe a dot of silicone glue where the material touches the frame
SA

Mike

is this for yourseld? I ufuse to do this stuff for customers they never want to pay what its worth and you always got problems   id try attachinjg differently like rivitinf on maybe with a flat bar or lacing with grometts in navy canvas would have a nautical look too