Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 07:32:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Coral Snake

Started by kodydog, July 07, 2016, 11:00:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

Almost stepped on this guy in my shop this morning. I captured him in a waist can and fabricated a lid out of cardboard. I secured it tightly with tape and put the whole thing in a Coleman cooler.  I then relocated it to woods at Mill Creek Preserve up the road from our house.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Is that a "Red & Yeller kills a feller"?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

That's got to be one of the most creative ways to get out of pulling staples that we've had on this forum.  :)

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

Unfortunately the staples were still there when I got back.

gene

If you told your family and friends that you got two holes in your leg from a pneumatic staple gun, OR, if you told your family and friends that you got two holes in your leg from the bite of a coral snake, which scenario would they think you were more of an idiot?

Or would they think "Kool!" with either situation?

8)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

July 09, 2016, 05:46:55 pm #5 Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:48:53 pm by kodydog
Most of my family and friends would think Kool! With the exception of my mom who already thinks I'm an Idiot for not staying in school and for voting for Bush so many years ago. For this reason if I got bit by the coral snake I would just keep it to myself and act like nothing happened. That is until they found me laying dead in a pool of vomit. They would all be scratching their heads wondering what happened to old Ed. Then they would help themselves to all my beer thinking it is a good reason to have a party. I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same if it was one of them.  :)

Mojo

We had one in our front yard last week. The neighbors called us to tell us it was near our front garden. By the time I got out there it was gone. We have them all over our property, especially in our woods out back. You must have some pine forests around you Ed.

Never been able to catch one but nearly stepped on one once. If your going to get bit by a poisonous snake the Coral snake is a good one. They have very small fangs and have to work hard to inject it so they do not deliver much. They are also quite docile. Their venom is not near as potent as our rattlers or water moccasins we have down here. Our Eastern diamondbacks pack a helluva bite and load you up with nasty venom. Of course I already found out what a pygmy rattler does to you when I was bit back in March.

Where I have issues is when we go back to my wifes home in Australia. They have snakes there that are aggressive and carry some of the nastiest venom in the world. I hate going in the " bush " in Aussie land. Their funnel web spider will kill you quickly as well. It has some nasty venom. Going to Australia is like stepping into the food chain.

Being married to an Aussie is interesting. Nothing bothers her or scares her ( except bears ). She was taking a shower the other day and looked down and seen a scorpion. She just calmly scooped it up and put it in the sink till she was done with her shower. :)

Chris

Mojo

Forgot to mention Ed. If you catch another one call the anti venom center. I believe they are in need of coral snake venom and will come get the snake or send a licensed trapper to get it to take to a venom place to have it milked.

Chris

Darren Henry

QuoteNothing bothers her or scares her ( except bears ).

That is too funny. As I've been following this thread I've been thinking to myself how nonchalant those of you who have snakes and gaters etc.. are about them. The only thing we have around here that could pose any real  threat would be a PO'd moose or a black bear. I wondered how one of you would react if you had a bear in your garbage or sitting in the neighbours oak tree ten feet away while you were sitting on the deck having a beer.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Virgs Sew n Sew

I don't think that we have anything around here that poses a threat to life and limbs.  There are reports of bobcats from time to time.  Lots of deer that you need to be careful to not hit on the highway as they will do a number on your car's front end.  KS had lots of brown recluse spiders and one of them really messed up one of our dogs years ago.  She survived but the vet bill was astronomical.

Virginia
Fuck this place.